Friday, September 19, 2008

Srsly

I'm currently listening to the disgusting sound of buildup draining out of my sink pipes. Let's just say that plumbing in Europe is, well, awful. I'm totally grossed out at the moment and am trying to distract myself, hence a blog post.
I move in a week, and I'm excited/nervous/exhausted/overwhelmed....
I've been waking up in the middle of the night, mind racing, trying to wrap my mind around this move. Bought my train ticket today. I leave on Thursday night at 9, and arrive in Paris on Friday morning at 9. Fall asleep in Barcelona, wake up in the City of Lights.
I'm a little sentimental about Barcelona, but I am mostly excited to get back to Paris - my city, mecca, whimsical, inspiring, somber, magical, painted doors...


But I'll miss side-splitting encounters at Museum,

Monopatistas at Plaza Universitat and the MACBA,

Nights out with nerd glasses,

My never-made bed,


The Raval, beach parties on Marbella, café con leche at Teteria Malea, Catalan Euro-mullets (sort of)...

1 comment:

Tara said...

Jessica!! What is happening in Paris?! Are you going to be teaching there? Give me the scoop, crazy girl! I'm really excited about you living there...keep us posted.

xo