Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I'm back... Sort of.

I've been in Lisbon for the past few days, and now I'm at the airport, waiting for my plane to Madrid. This past week was a whirlwind, and it's looking like my next 10 days will be too. I move to Paris on September 26. Eek!

For now, let's talk about LISBON. It was amazing. It's a city of contrasts - amazing, massive buildings that are perfectly manicured next to abandoned and decrepit ones. There are winding, narrow streets, plenty of hilly areas with tiled staircases, and hints of ocean views in between the arches between buildings. Everything is covered in colorful tiles and graffiti, and the sounds of reggaeton music can be heard streaming from funky shops and restaurants.

I'll post pictures soon. My Flickr account is acting up at the moment.

I decided to base my warddrobe for Lisbon around the color of the blue nail polish that I've been wearing... it's been my inspiration. The Pea gave it to me right before she moved, so I'm a little attached to it right now. I packed tops with funky, bright prints and/or animals on them. I was going for a somewhat silly look for my last hurrah to summer 2008 in Europe:


I brought printed scarves to tie around my bag or to wear as headwraps:


For the bottoms, I wore my Topshop distressed skirt and black leggings. Outfit pics to come...

Hints of blue in Lisbon:


1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.