Thursday, January 8, 2009

Withdrawal symptoms

My love obsession with Martin Margiela has come full circle thanks to the Paris "soldes"" (sales), and an outlet shop that carries a few Margiela pieces. I woke up early, the first day of the sales and waited in the cold to get my little hands on some lux. The results:


This cool Margiela, asymmetrical poncho in a great fuschia color.


And this Margiela piece. I'll have to take some pictures of it on, because it drapes so beautifully in the back (one of this Antwerp designer's great trademarks). It's so soft and comfortable, as well. I have to get all dressed up for an interview with some Japanese clients on Monday, and I'm planning on pairing this with Wolford back-seamed tights, little black Frye booties, and my bow cuff.

Some other little goodies:

I bought this hideously wonderful poncho in a vintage shop in Berlin, much to the chagrin of my shopping partner, Kurt. Sorry dude, but I can't resist massive things, especially in the freezing winter!



This sweater comes from a great luxury vintage shop here called the "No Good Store". I am crazy about the oversized grandpa sweater paired with lamé tights and Docs. This piece has a great kitschy charm and is covered in names of major cities: "Tokio" , "Rome", "Berlin", etc... How can I resist that?


A gift from my brothers. I'm not a Jolie fan, but my gosh, this shirt is kickass.


A belt? A necklace? I don't know. I dug it out of a huge bin full of random found objects. The color, the fringe, the 80's "Dynasty" appeal... I like the idea of wearing it with a drop-back dress, as a necklace, with the tassels down my back.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MrsKatherineA said...

that tee with angelina really is bad-ass! Love the belt and black & white dress - yes you must take pics with it on, the draping sounds fantastic xoxo