Sunday, May 15, 2011

CAN'T WAIT



"I can not wait for summer,
I can not wait for June when all the ghosts are quiet,
when everything is new"

Oooooh, I went to see Twin Shadow last night and it was wondrous.

I'm in Paris, left Tunis yesterday. It was a bittersweet goodbye. I arrived to this city that I know so well, but I immediately felt like a stranger. The culture shock kinda hit me unexpectedly. I feel like a little fish in a big pond all over again. I've been living in this little curfew-laden revolution bubble, and it's acted as some sort of protective cocoon. And now I broke out of it, a bit earlier and in a different manner than I'd expected...

But back to Twin Shadow. Basically I told myself that if there was a Twin Shadow show in Paris, it was probably a sign from above that I should go. And there was and I did and it was great. I went alone as sort of a rebirth into Western culture. Would have preferred going with Austinites, but someday very soon I will, I'm sure. George Lewis Jr. had a cool stage presence. I like his style and whatever he's been doing with his hair is good. And the drummer was pretty awesome, also had some interesting hair going on. He was working a good old 90's bun. Yes! Tomorrow night I'm going to Little Dragon. Part deux of breaking out of the cocoon.

Picture and more to come when my thoughts are less sporadic and hazy.

No comments: