Monday, April 4, 2011

I'm missing someone but I don't remember who

It was a strange day. I kept myself busy with church and lunch and wandering and taking photos and sitting in parks, but even when surrounded by friends and chatter, I felt hollow. My mind was in another place. I kept catching myself throwing in the obligatory "mmm hmmm", as I flitted into my own world, disconnected from the conversation, the people passing, the little boys trying to sell me flowers, the kids screaming from the trees they had climbed.

I guess I just found myself wanting to be back, wanting to be home, wondering what home even means anymore... Part of me is afraid of going back and feeling lonely in a place full of my friends. And an even bigger part of me just really misses them.



"You worry that I will leave you.
I will not leave you.
Only strangers travel.
Owning everything, I have nowhere to go."
-Leonard Cohen

No comments: