Sunday, October 19, 2008

Samedi

I had plans to go to the Catacomb Museum yesterday, but I ended up wandering around Montmartre, continuing my job hunt, and then stumbling upon a flea market at Abesses:




It was amazing! Booths full of knick-knacks, books, fur coats, vintage shoes, old stock of buttons and ribbon... anything and everything you can imagine! It was a perfect day for a treasure hunt in the plaza - sunny, clear, not too cold. I decided to do a little digging, and found a few goodies:


Some not-so-typical fingerless gloves. It's getting cold here, so they're going to come in handy!


This flinstone-inspired bakelite necklace.



This amazing vest from the 1920's, complete with yellowed stains on the back. I was going to pass it up, so I picked up a friend and we headed to dinner. Then we passed by the stall as the woman was packing up, and she cut me a deal. I couldn't resist.


And a purple diamond-esque ashtray that I'm using to store jewelry in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I mapped where it was in Paris you lived... and you're just BLOCKS away from Montmartre! OMG! How is it? You're living the life of Amelie! ;) I must ask, how are French men? hahahaha I hope you're having more fun these days exploring and getting to know the locals.

Love you!
Lis