Friday, January 27, 2012

Mike Hamm

All of us tend to live in our heads. In ``Cloudbusting,'' the idea was of starting this song with a person waking up from this dream, ``I wake up crying.'' It's like setting a scene that immediately suggests to you that this person is no longer with someone they dearly love. It puts a pungent note on the song. Life is a loss, isn't it? It's learning to cope with loss. I think in a lot of ways, that's what all of us have to cope with. - Kate Bush
I still dream of Orgonon. I wake up cryin'. You're making rain, And you're just in reach, When you and sleep escape me. You're like my yo-yo That glowed in the dark. What made it special Made it dangerous, So I bury it And forget. But every time it rains, You're here in my head, Like the sun coming out-- Ooh, I just know that something good is gonna happen. And I don't know when, But just saying it could even make it happen. On top of the world, Looking over the edge, You could see them coming. You looked too small In their big, black car, To be a threat to the men in power. I hid my yo-yo In the garden. I can't hide you From the government. Oh, God, I won't forget. 'Cause every time it rains, You're here in my head, Like the sun coming out-- Ooh, I just know that something good is gonna happen. And I don't know when, But just saying it could even make it happen. And every time it rains You're here in my head Like the sun coming out. Like Your son's coming out. Ooh, I just know that something good is gonna happen. And I don't know when, But just saying it could even make it happen. Ooo-ohh, just saying it could even make it happen. E-yeah yeah yeah yeah Your son's coming out. Your son's coming out. hammmade.com

No comments: