Sunday, November 21, 2010

Vagabondage of sorts



"Where in another ten years, shall I be, myself? Certainly not here. How many seas and frontiers shall I have to cross to reach that distant day; how far shall I have to travel, on foot, on horseback, bar car, push-bike, aeroplane, steamer, train lift, moving-staircase, and tram? How much money shall I need for that enormous journey? How much food must I gradually, wearily consume on my way? How many pairs of shoes shall I wear out? How many thousands of cigarettes shall I smoke? How many cups of tea shall I drink and how many glasses of beer? What an awful tasteless prospect! And yet to have to die..."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh yes...the last great adventure. Makes everything here seem less than adventurous.

"I have set eternity in their hearts"

MrsKatherineA said...

I love you, on the edge of my seat to see where 10 years from now will find you. Xoxo